I. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information Securus, Inc.
(“Company,” “us,” “we” or “our”) collects, (A) through
or our mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”), from (i) Site visitors accessing
the publicly available portions of the Site (“Public Users”) and (ii) Site visitors
accessing the privately available portions of the Site as a log-in user in connection
with Securus’ products and services (“Log-In User” or “customer”); and (B) through
your offline uses of Securus’ products or services, including without limitation
when you call or email our support associates (collectively, the “Services”), and
how we collect, use and share that information.
This Privacy Statement does not govern our collection of personal information through
any website or other means, other than through the Site and your offline use of
By using the Services or the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted
this Privacy Statement. If you do not accept this Privacy Statement, please do not
use the Services or the Site.
II. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Give Us
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” is information that
identifies you as an individual, for example your name, street address, telephone
number, e-mail address and credit card number.
When you visit the Site as a Public User, we will not collect any personal information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us.
If you opt not to provide us with personal information you can still access the Site, however you may be unable to create login credentials in order to use certain functionalities on the Site, access certain portions of the Site, activate or use a product or service, receive product information, or participate in certain promotions.
Upon registration on the Site, we collect information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number. In the course of your requested purchase transactions through the Site, we may require such information as a credit or payment card information, shipping address, billing address, time zone, telephone numbers, age, gender and other methods of notification. Log-In Users
Securus Services are activated by you or upon request on your behalf by a customer service representative or an authorized dealer or call center from whom you purchase a device or Services (a “Dealer”), through the limited access, password-entry portal located on this Site and the Services are available only for Log-In Users. When Securus Services are activated, we may also require such information as a credit or payment card information, contact information, billing address, time zone, telephone numbers, age, gender and other methods of notification.
As a Log-In User, you may interact with (i) our support associates or your Dealer through the Site or by phone, or (ii) call center and/or emergency responders for Securus’ products and Services designed with emergency response monitoring capabilities, and in connection with those services, you may be asked for personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, emergency-related medical information, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; information about the Securus products you own, such as serial numbers and date of purchase; and other information relating to our Services.
B. Automated Information Collection
We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Log Information. When you access the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links. The Site may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed by IP addresses. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Web beacons can collect the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to, the URL of the page the Web beacon comes from, and the time the web beacon was viewed. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Site administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Site, to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Site. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
Do Not Track. We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
Third Party Tracking. We do not and do not allow third parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different web sites when you use the Site.
III. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected through the Site from Public Users may be used by Company and its affiliates for purposes of:
- Identifying you as a Securus customer;
- Responding to your questions;
- Fulfilling a Site user request (e.g., services, product activation, marketing or promotional materials including e-mails or other information or sweepstakes entries);
- Providing product support or other services you select through the Site;
- Contacting you, whether by email, postal mail, or telephone with information about the Site or our services;
- For such purposes as you may authorize at the time you submit the information;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to maintain, protect, and improve the Site and our services;
- Ensuring the technical functions of our network;
- Improving and customizing the content and layout of the Site;
- Developing new products and services; or
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
Personal information collected from Log-In Users and Offline Tracking Information collected through the Services may be used by Company and its affiliates and Dealers for the purposes set forth above for Public Users, and additionally for purposes of:
- Providing the Services using the Offline Tracking Information (e.g., providing the Log-In User with access to their Offline Tracking Information for products and Services designed with location monitoring capabilities, or providing Offline Tracking Information to call center and/or emergency responders for Securus’ products and Services designed with emergency response monitoring capabilities).
- Compiling Offline Tracking Information, personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
- Linking Offline Tracking Information to the personal information of that customer provided during support calls or other communications from that customer for purposes of aggregating such information on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users to enhance the quality and accuracy of Services.
IV. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Site, from Log-In Users or through Offline Tracking Information collected through the Services, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf, including our Dealers. Such services may include location monitoring and tracking, call center and/or emergency responders, product shipping and delivery, credit card processing, website hosting, product development and enhancement, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information or any information collected through the Site with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. We may share Offline Tracking Information with our contractors, so that they can link such information to personal information of a particular customer, and aggregate the information on an anonymous basis with similar information for product enhancement.
- Consent. We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the Site if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Company’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Breach of Terms. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site if we find that you are in breach of its terms and conditions or any policies or usage guidelines for products or services.
- Protection. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through the Site if we deem it necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company or third parties.
Vendors, contractors or partners of Securus who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for Securus are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Securus.
A customer’s personal information will be retained for as long as the customer receives the Services, for archiving purposes, and for any period during which there is a dispute between the customer and Securus and otherwise in Securus’ sole discretion. Offline Tracking Information will be retained for each customer for a period that Securus will decide in its sole discretion.
V. AGGREGATE INFORMATION
We may compile personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Site, demographic information about users of the Site, and individual purchase preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, and for any other lawful purpose.
VI. YOUR CHOICES
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a Log-In User of the Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Site and prevent your use of the Services.
B. Changing Information
If you need to change the information you have sent to Securus on a product registration or activation, please e-mail . If you need to correct, amend or delete submitted information that is inaccurate please contact Securus at Support@SecurusGPS.com.
C. Communications From Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Site (unrelated to your Services), you may indicate this preference by contacting us at Support@SecurusGPS.com.
D. Opt-Out and Opt-In
When registering a Securus product on the website or activating our Services, we require your email address, so that we can send emails regarding updates on the products you are registering. If you do not provide us with accurate contact information, you may not receive important notifications regarding relevant product updates. You will also be given the option to receive marketing communications from us via e-mail, and you may initially opt-out of receiving such emails during the product registration or activation process. If you choose to stop receiving these emails in the future, please follow the unsubscribe instructions within each email communication or send an email to Support@SecurusGPS.com. Securus will not provide or share any mailing lists or other information about you to another company or service for promotional purposes. Any Securus Services communications (to confirm a purchase, etc.) generally do not offer an unsubscribe option, as they are necessary to provide the Service you purchased.
VII. INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you. The Site is operated from an environment with integrated security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Site. These security measures include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site or Services. Despite our efforts to secure such information, it may be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of our physical, technical, and procedural safeguards. Customers use the Services and visitors use our websites at their own risk. If Securus learns that a customer’s personal information or Offline Tracking Information has been disclosed to an unauthorized person, Securus will use reasonable efforts to attempt to notify the customer.
If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Site only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
IX. EXTERNAL LINKS AND THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
The Site may contain links to various websites that Company does not control. For example, certain aspects of our Services use Google Maps™, whose third party privacy statement is located at https://www.google.com/intl/en_us/policies/privacy/.
X. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to the Site are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
XI. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change or update the Site or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. We will post a notice on the Site to advise you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate via the “Last Updated” legend at the bottom of this Privacy Statement when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of the Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
XII. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Securus welcomes your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send e-mail to: Support@SecurusGPS.com or write to us at:
114-200 Mackenan Drive
Cary, North Carolina 27511
Attention: Privacy Matters